Tonight is our last night in Vegas. Still not sure about dinner plans, but we’ll be heading down to the Venetian and then make our way back down The Strip to our hotel.Last night we saw Styx as part of a special performance for Lago’s conference. Being Vegas, I suppose it was customary to have a ventriloquist open the show. I think we saw this same guy during Letterman’s Ventriloquist week.

The concert was held in what may be the largest conference room I’ve ever seen. This place would rival most arenas. Styx stuck to their rock hits, but did a medley of 18 songs that included a single line from “Mr. Roboto” and a portion of “Rockin’ the Paradise” sans lyrics. Dennis DeYoung is not part of this incarnation of Styx. The guys apparently had enough of his shtick with the whole Mr. Roboto debacle, but the lineup does include original member James Young and Tommy Shaw, who joined in 1975. The bass player was a former member of The Babys and Bad English – remember John Waite?

They played all their biggest hits including: Blue-Collar Man, Too Much Time on My Hands, Miss America, Lady, Fooling Yourself, The Grand Illusion, Come Sail Away, and Renegade.
Styx Video Clip (Windows Media Video)
The video clip is from my cell phone and the audio is not good, but you can clearly make out the chorus of Come Sail Away at the end. The video is actually a compilation of three clips: Blue-Collar Man, Rockin’ the Paradise, and Come Sail Away.
We had a quick dinner after the show and got to bed early, 1 a.m. PT.
All for now. See ya back at The Lounge!
1 comment:
Styx rules!!!! YEAAHHHHHHHHH! One of the greatest rock n' roll songs ever written was 'babe'... who else could put together lyrics like 'babe I'm leavin' - I must be on my way'... anyone else would have written 'girl I'm leaving - I must be going now'.... WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO they rock and Tommy Shaw is such a dreamboat.. YEAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
Post a Comment