Sunday, April 15, 2007

Spring Wedding

Last night Lago and I attended a wedding for one of the managers at the animal hospital where she works. We didn't take any photos, but they had a photo booth set up and the photo above is what we got.

Lago worked yesterday so we only made it to the reception and got there just in time to eat. The ceremony and the reception were held at the Providence Country Club here in Charlotte. Very nice place, needless to say we're not members. We had a good time and even danced to a few numbers including an Usher tune. "That's what it's all about... I start the fire, I make the pizza... From there, the Q-Tip... Throw it away..." (Hitch)

This was the first wedding we've been to since we got married. They did an anniversary dance for all married couples. I don't recall seeing one of these before, but you could keep dancing provided your anniversary fell below the number of years the DJ called out. We made it past the one year mark, but had to stop dancing when he called out five years. The Coes, an older couple who own the animal hospital and both Auburn alumni (had to mention that for ol' Lazy Acres), were dancing and it was funny when they both looked at each other questioningly when the DJ called out 25 years. I think they left the floor when the DJ called out 30 years. The longest married couple still dancing were 37 years.

I was a little tired and sore last night after doing some more "excavating" in the backyard. My latest progress is in the photo below. Still much to do, but slowly getting there. It takes a while because I can't just run over the ivy with the mower. As I've shown, there's no telling what's under there. So I rake it all out with a metal rake and then hit it with the mower when I know there aren't any rocks, trash or what have you. Yesterday I found more bricks, a pile of broken cement pieces, some wire and a part from an old chandelier.


We had storms all night long and supposed to get some more rain today. Might be a good movie day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the pics. I hope you are framing them.