I made a quick trip to New York City this past week. I flew up there Tuesday night and then returned Wednesday night after meeting with my new boss at the Time Warner Center (TWC). The TWC is on Columbus Circle at the southwest corner of Central Park.
Still have yet to run into Soledad O'Brien, but there's an excellent cafeteria there that overlooks Central Park. We didn't eat there this trip. We had lunch at Gabriel's, an Italian restaurant where media types and CBS News peops have been known to hang out. We didn't see any though.I went up there with Sammay (aka Jimmy Joe Pete) who I work with. We stayed at the Hudson Hotel, right across the street from the TWC. Very small rooms there like a closet. This may be too much info, but the bathroom is so small that when you sit on the commode you can rest your forehead on the wall in front of you - no joke. We both vowed to never stay there again. Sammay said the heat didn't work in his room so not a good lodging experience at all. The downstairs lobby bar/nightclub is very good for people watching. They played too much Euro-techno stuff for my taste, but not bad.
We had dinner at Shelly's Wed. night, great steak place. Didn't have a lot of time to do/see other stuff. We passed by the Metropolitan Opera House in the taxi on the way to the hotel Wed. night, so I snapped the photo below.
The other photos (top & bottom) I snapped as the sun set on the way back to LaGuardia for our flight home. Those flights are always delayed. We got on the plane bound for home, miraculously on time, but ended up sitting on the runway waiting to takeoff. Finally arrived home and was greeted by Lago at the front door with a glass of wine - ah good to be home.
1 comment:
It's about time you ate at Shelly's. I think I've only mentioned to you about a hundred times. Should've had some oysters for me, damn it.
Post a Comment